Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blur - Parklife

FRONTMAN Blur Damon Albarn told NME in 1994, "To me, [PARKLIFE] is like a concept album loosely linked the involvement of all these different stories. It is the mystical journey of Lager-dining room, watching what is happening in the world and comment on it. " Albarn referred to the Martin Amis novel London Fields as a major influence on the album. The songs themselves span many genres, such as the influence synthpop hit single "Girls and boys," the instrumental interlude vals of "The Collector", The Oi! Influence "Bank Holiday," Spacey the "far", and quite the Hard-Rock "Problems in the message center." The journalist John Harris commented that while many of the songs on the album "reflects Albarn's claims to have a bittersweet in the United Kingdom's human mosaic," said that several songs, including "the end" and "Badha" "is a much more personal space. "




Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as (parklife)
And morning soup can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as
(parklife)
John's got brewers droop he gets intimidated by the dirty pigeons
They love a bit of it (parklife)
Who's that gut lord marching... you should cut down on your porklife mate... get some
Exercise

[Chorus]
ALL THE PEOPLE
SO MANY PEOPLE
THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND
HAND IN HAND THROUGH THEIR PARKLIFE

Know what I mean
I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen
(Parklife)
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house (parklife)
I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too it gives me a sense of enormous well
Being (parklife)
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit
Of my heart devoted to it (parklife)

[Chorus]

Parklife (parklife)
Parklife (parklife)

It's got nothing to do with vorsprung durch technic you know
And it's not about you joggers who go round and round and round
Parklife (parklife)

[Chorus x 2]

PARKLIFE is the third studio album from British alternative rock band Blur, released on April 25 1994 on the Food records. After disappointing sales of her previous album Modern life is rubbish (1993), Blur PARKLIFE returned to prominence in the UK, helped by its four hit singles: "Girls and boys," "End of Century," " PARKLIFE "and" To the end. " The album was certified quadruple platinum in the UK.

No comments: