Monday, December 22, 2008

Pulp - This is hardcore

This is Hardcore is an album of the English band Pulp, for the first time in March 1998. Came three years after his breakthrough album, different class, and is eagerly anticipated. Not live up to the commercial success of the previous album, despite reaching number one in the charts. However, the album was well received critically, pasta and won a third nomination for the Mercury Prize 1998. Initial pressings in the UK comes with a bonus live CD entitled "This is Glastonbury." A deluxe edition of this is Hardcore was released on September 11, 2006. Which contains a second disc of B-sides, rarities and demos.

The cover art was led by the American painter John Currin who is known for his figurative paintings of women exaggerated forms. Currin was also the art director for the "Help the Aged" video, on the basis of his painting "The never-ending story." Posters advertising the album using album cover that appeared in the London Underground system were defaced by graffiti artists with slogans such as "This offends women" and "This is sexist" or "This is degrading."




You are hardcore, you make me hard. you name the drama and Ill play the part.
It seems I saw you in some teenage wet dream.
I like your get up if you know what I mean.
I want it bad. I want it now.
Oh cant you see Im ready now.
Ive seen all the pictures,
Ive studied them forever.
I wanna make a movie so lets star in it
Together.
Dont make a move til I say, action.
Oh, here comes the hardcore life.
Put your money where your mouth is tonight.
Leave your make-up on & Ill leave on the light.
Come over here babe & talk in the mic. oh yeah I hear you now.
Its gonna be one hell of a night.
You cant be a spectator. oh no.
You got to take these dreams & make them whole.
Oh this is hardcore -
There is no way back for you.
Oh this is hardcore -
This is me on top of you &
I cant believe that it took me this long. that it took me this long.

This is the eye of the storm.
Its what men in stained raincoats pay for but in here it is pure.
Yeah. this is the end of the line.
Ive seen the storyline played out so many times before.
Oh that goes in there.
Then that goes in there.
Then that goes in there.
Then that goes in there. & then its over. oh, what a hell of a show
But what I want to know:
What exactly do you do for an encore? cos this is hardcore.

No comments: