Monday, December 1, 2008

Rialto - Untouchable






If you were an angel, I would cut off your wings.

To keep you with me, I would do anything.

Like broken bottles, that slip from druken hands,

I've watched my star falling, and shatter on the ground.

First you wash your hair, then you wash your hands.

Oh yeah, I think I understand.

*

Untouchable, if I'm not fit,

To even crawl, if I'm too sick,

I'll soak my skin in alcohol, until I feel untouchable.

I blew my chances, as you blowdried your hair.

I thought of my answers, as you walked down the stairs.

D'you think I'd defile you, if you were to close?

D'you think I'd infect you?

D'you think I'd give you a dose?

First you wash your hair, then you wash your hands.

Oh yeah, I think I understand.

* repeat

I'll drink until my skin is full, and I will feel untouchable.

* repeat

* repeat

Untouchable... Untouchable.



Rialto was born as a six-piece in 1997 with the sole intention of making their place on this planet a necessary one.

Then came the name.
Louis said: "It's the kind of band a big sound in a former cinema in disrepair or an old theater with all their glory faded, the kind of collapse type of charm of an old cinema with red velvet seats with some cigarette burns in them. Rialto Therefore, it seemed only a good name because it is not used to this chain of cinemas with a name that has since gone bust. "

The most commonly used to describe the words of Rialto was "cinematic" and "black cinema." Other comparisons included Ennio Morricone, Scott Walker, Phil Spector, Brian Wilson or John Barry. He wrote songs about dysfunctional and obsessive love - the kingdom of outsiders - and when they released their eponymous debut album in 1998, it was predictable success.

No comments: